The role of the Finance Committee is to oversee the income and expenditures of the association.
The functions of the committee include:
- Developing the annual AMHCA budget for adoption by the time the AMHCA Board meeting at the Annual Conference.
- Presenting any necessary revision of the budget and any financial reports for consideration by the Board at each of its meetings.
- Monitoring financial policies and operation of the budget.
- Preparing financial reports and operations for the Board and membership.
- Reviewing the financial policy statements and making fiscal policy revision recommendations to the Board.
- Validation of monthly statements from AMHCA.
- Assisting in meeting strategic planning goals regarding financial planning.
- Assisting state divisions with their financial planning through articles in the Advocate, mailings, and workshops.