Purpose of the Award
Intended to honor and recognize high quality research in the area of mental health counseling.
Procedure for Nomination
Any person who is a current member of AMHCA may make a nomination. Clarity of presentation and complete and specific documentation of the behaviors and/or incidents supporting this nomination will facilitate the committee's selection process.
- Nominees may be nominated for a single piece of research published after January of the year prior to the award presentation or for thematic research consisting of several research studies published since January 1, 1988.
- The work for which the member is being nominated must be clearly related to the discipline of mental health counseling.
- The work must have been published in a professional journal, preferably the Journal of Mental Health Counseling.
- There are no work restrictions for this award.
- Nominees should not be members of the AMHCA board nor have any connection to the Academy of Clinical Mental Health Counselors on NBCC.