Limitation of Liability
You agree that you will hold harmless AMHCA and its officers, directors, employees and volunteers from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this website or the information contained in this website or other websites to which it is linked. You also agree that AMHCA or the contributors of information to this website shall NOT be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on information provided on the AMHCA website or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
The materials on AMHCA’s website and its subsidiary sites are provided "As Is" and without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent possible under applicable law, AMHCA claims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AMHCA does not warrant that the function performed on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site, including online community software, or the servers that make them available, are free of viruses or other harmful components.
AMHCA may provide links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by others. AMHCA has no control or responsibility in any respect for any information, products or services on these third-party sites.
AMHCA does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use of, or the results of, the materials on this site or in third-party sites in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or otherwise. You assume the risk in using this material and the entire cost of all necessary maintenance, repair, or correction.
By accessing materials on the AMHCA website, you acknowledge that:
- You understand that this site is owned and operated by AMHCA and that it contains material for which AMHCA owns the copyright or has permission to use.
- You are authorized to download material from this site for your personal, non-commercial use only as long as you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
- You may not modify, copy, reproduce, publish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute any material from this site, including any programming code and software, in any manner, without the express written permission of AMHCA.
- You may not assign or transfer any rights to such material to anyone else.
- You are solely responsible for all access to the site originating with your identification and any password needed for site access.
- You do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading any material.
For any information contained on the AMHCA site that is attributed to another source, permission to reproduce must be obtained from the original source. Use of any robot, spider, other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy the website or any of its content and "mirroring" the website or any content on any other server is prohibited unless prior permission is obtained from AMHCA.
Stock photos used on this website are not meant to indicate any particular attitude or opinion on the part of those whose images are being used and are not intended to indicate an endorsement by the subjects.
You understand that the opinions and recommendations included in this website are not necessarily those of AMHCA or endorsed by AMHCA. AMHCA may provide links to other websites, which are not under the control of AMHCA. These links are included as a convenience to you and are not intended as an endorsement by AMHCA of the organization or individual operating the website.
AMHCA, The Journal of Mental Health Counseling, the AMHCA logo and other marks are registered service marks of AMHCA.
Use of Website Discussion Groups/Community Site
AMHCA provides this website and associated discussion groups/bulletin boards for the benefit of its members and the public. AMHCA cannot and does not review the information from or communications by users of the bulletin boards. AMHCA expressly disclaims responsibility for and liabilities resulting from, any information or communications from and between users of the AMHCA community site.
Users are warned they may be individually liable for anything they communicate using the AMHCA community site, including but not limited to defamatory, discriminatory, false or unauthorized information. Users are cautioned that they are responsible for complying with the requirements of applicable copyright and trademark laws and regulations.
The AMHCA discussion groups are forums for individuals to share their opinions, experiences and thoughts related to the clinical mental health counseling field. AMHCA wants to ensure the integrity of this service and therefore, use of this service is limited to participants who agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Refrain from transmitting any message, information, data, or text that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, that may be invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or bashing communications - especially those aimed at gender, race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religious views or disability. AMHCA reserves the right to remove or edit a post containing offensive material as defined by AMHCA. That stated, AMHCA does not have the practical ability to restrict conduct or communications prior to transmission and posting, nor can AMHCA ensure prompt editing or deletion of offensive posts. AMHCA reserves the right to remove or edit posts that contain explicit, obscene, offensive, or vulgar language. Similarly, posts that contain any graphic files will be removed immediately upon notice.
- Refrain from posting or transmitting any unsolicited, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain mail," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation. AMHCA reserves the right to delete these posts immediately upon notice.
- AMHCA invites and encourages a healthy exchange of opinions. If you disagree with a participant's post or opinion and wish to challenge it, do so with respect. The real objective of the AMHCA community site is to promote discussion and understanding, not to convince others that your opinion is "right." Name calling, insults, and personal attacks are not appropriate and will not be tolerated. AMHCA will remove these posts immediately upon notice.
- AMHCA promotes privacy and encourages participants to keep personal information such as address and telephone number from being posted. Similarly, do not ask for personal information from other participants. Message board posts that request participants submit personal information to another party will be removed immediately upon notice unless these posts have been pre-approved by AMHCA staff. This includes, but is not limited to, communications that ask for telephone, address, e-mail, surveys and research studies.
- Participants should be aware that the opinions, beliefs and statements posted in this forum do not necessarily represent the opinions and beliefs of AMHCA. Participants also agree that AMHCA is not to be held liable for any loss or injury caused, in whole or in part, by sponsorship of this message board. Participants also agree that AMHCA reserves the right to report any suspicions of harm to self or others as evidenced by participant posts.
- Posting off-topic messages to discussion groups will result in removal of and the possible suspension of posting privileges.
- AMHCA members or staff who post non-public information on public areas of the site or off-topic messages in member-only discussion areas may have their posting privileges suspended and will be subject to appropriate corrective action.
If you signed up as a dues paying member online, your payment information will be saved and your membership will automatically renew on your expiration date. When financial account numbers are stored, they are stored using triple DES encryption and remain in the system for only a limited amount of time. After this time this information is masked where credit card numbers are wiped and only the last 4 digits are saved and encrypted. To update your credit card information, log into your profile, click on Manage Profile and click on Update Billing Information then on the "Update Payment & Billing Information" page, you can input the updated credit card and/or billing information and select "Submit Updated Information" button. If you wish to be taken of the automatic renewal option, please contact us at 703-548-6002 x108 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll change your membership category immediately.
License to AMHCA
If you post a message by email to any AMHCA online community, or other AMHCA site permitting such messages, or if you engage in any other form of communication through this service, you grant AMHCA a nonexclusive, royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, publish, distribute, adapt, transmit, or publicly display any such communications.
AMHCA reserves the right to terminate the AMHCA website or any of its services at any time without notice. Additionally, AMHCA may terminate your right to access the website for violation of any of these terms of service by you at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you will no longer be authorized to access the terminated services.