|AMHCA Partners with the TeleMental Health Institute|
The American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA) is the leading national organization for licensed clinical mental health counselors. AMHCA strives to be the go-to organization for LCMHCs for education, advocacy, leadership and collaboration. Our organization provides the backbone of skills and resources needed for clinical mental health counselors to thrive in today's world. Become a member today and start taking advantage of the many benefits!
Keep public policy supporting you, your profession, and your clients with AMHCA's powerful advocacy initiatives in Congress and state legislatures.
Get the latest information about recognition under Medicare, standardization, portability and the changing healthcare industry.
Reap the benefits of AMHCA's growing collaborative relationships with professional organizations, government agencies and consumer groups.
As an AMHCA member you get exclusive discounts on webinars and continuing education programs as well as a multitude of free programs that AMHCA initiates. Take advantage of unique opportunities for learning and growth with AMHCA’s continuing education choices—in print, online, and in person.
- Enjoy special pricing on AMHCA live webinars (Only $19!)
- If you aren't concerned with CEs and just want the knowledge, watch past webinars for free in AMHCA's webinar archives.
- Read an article in the Journal of Mental Health Counseling and take a free CE quiz
- Special pricing on AMHCA home-study programs (Only $29!)
Stay connected by being a member of your AMHCA Chartered State Chapter and attend our Annual Conference in the summer of each year.
With AMHCA's community discussions site "Connections" you are able to interact and converse across the globe with other clinical mental health counselors on issues such as:
Update your profile, network with innovators in an area that you are interested in and be a part of a wide network of highly esteemed clinical mental health counselors.
AMHCA works because you do! We are always trying to educate and inform our members. All members receive the following digest of information on a regular basis:
- Journal of Mental Health Counseling - available for members to read at no cost for one year after the publication date.
- The Advocate Magazine - The printed Advocate Magazine primarily features in-depth articles invited from experts in the mental health counseling field. These lively, informative articles give Advocate readers ideas for working with clients more effectively or running their practice more efficiently. The quarterly magazine issues are published in February, May, August, and November.(During alternate months, AMHCA Blogs are posted.)
- AMHCA Blogs - AMHCA Blogs are former Advocate departments—including Advocacy Update, The Business of Private Practice, Research Findings, Noteworthy, Student Corner, Risk Management, New Members, and The Last Word. AMHCA blogs are posted on AMHCA's Connections page and emailed to members eight times throughout the year (January, March April, June, July, September, October, and December).
- AMHCA White Papers - The Advancement of Clinical Practice Committee of the American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA) is responsible for developing, coordinating, and producing the white papers, which give a brief orientation to clinical mental health counselors about topics relevant to current practice. Existing AMHCA white papers include mental illness prevention, technology in counseling, trauma-informed practices, and responding to suicide risk. Each paper is free for AMHCA members to download.
- Clinical Practice Briefs - Like the white papers, AMHCA's clinical practice briefs are short introductions to a particular topic important to clinical mental health counselors. Each paper is free for AMHCA members to download.
- 2015 Revised AMHCA Standards for the Practice of Clinical Mental Health Counseling and AMHCA Code of Ethics. Both the AMHCA Ethics Committee and a special task force on telemental health of the AMHCA Advancement for Clinical Practice Committee have worked hard this year to develop revised documents for AMHCA members. Both have developed new provisions for technology assisted counseling and the revised ethics also includes an expanded sections on both forensic issues and clinical supervision. The new standards and ethics provide further guidance on the clinical, technical knowledge and skills as well as ethical issues, related to electronic communication between professionals and clients using advances in technology-assisted modes and the resulting treatment models.
Cut your own expenses with AMHCA's membership discounts on:
Still not convinced of becoming a member? Give us a call and we will be glad to tell you much more!
7/27/2017 » 7/29/2017
2017 AMHCA Annual Conference