Join AMHCA Leaders in a special one day event in Delaware! Earn 6.0 CEs in Ethics, Behavioral Health Care Trends, and Mindfulness & Self-Care!
8:00 – 8:30A Registration/Check-in
8:30 – 10:30A An Integrated View of Ethical Standards (Al Goodman, Ellen Papanikolaou)
10:30 – 10:45A Break
10:45 – 11:45A New Trends in the Behavioral Health Care Marketplace, part 1 (Joel Miller)
11:45 – 12:45P Lunch
12:45 – 1:45P New Trends in the Behavioral Health Care Marketplace, part 2 (Joel Miller)
1:45 – 2:00P Break
2:00 – 4:00P Self-Care and the Clinical Mental Health Counselor (Al Goodman, Ellen Papanikolaou)
An Integrated View of Ethical Standards
Workshop participants will be presented with an overview of NBCC ethical standards as adopted by the state of Delaware and the code of ethics of the American Mental health Counselors Association which is the national standard for use in the AMHCA Diplomate program and which is used by most other states in the North Atlantic Region. Additionally the discussion will focus on the difference between ethics, rules, and laws and current issues in telehealth and certain limitations to scope of practice.
Objectives: Workshop participants will understand:
· The target disciplines(s) supported by the NBCC code of ethics
· Major differences between the NBCC code of ethics and AMHCA code of ethics
· Ethical issues relating to portability
· Differences between ethical standards, rules, and statute
· There will also be discussions on specific topic areas from within each code including but not limited to telehealth and limitations to scope of practice
New Trends in the Behavioral Health Care Marketplace
· A look at the national policy that is shaping the U.S. health behavioral health care market.
· A view of the state behavioral health delivery systems that were created by a combination of historical practices, federal and state policy, and market factors over recent years.
· A deep-dive into behavioral health care access and delivery of care from the consumer perspective.
· An examination of the practices of health plans that manage both physical and behavioral health care for the vast majority of the U.S. population.
Self-Care and the Clinical Mental Health Counselor
Workshop participants will be introduced to current thinking and research into the employment of mindfulness as a tool for self-care for mental health professionals. Additionally workshop participants will be given an opportunity to participate in a mindful-based self-care exercise that may also be used with clients in individual and group settings.
Workshop participants will understand and discuss:
· Why self-care has become such a significant area of interest in recent years
· How mindfulness is defined in the literature
· Selected models for self-care
· In addition, workshop participants will participate in a self-care exercise
Our one day event will be held in the Canterbury Room at the DoubleTree Hotel in Wilmington, Delaware.
4727 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19803
If you would like to spend the night before and/or after the event, the DoubleTree has set up a discounted room block for our attendees which you can access by visiting the hotel's website (click here). This promotional code will offer you a discounted rate of $130 per night for your room and is valid for the nights of Thursday, November 7th and Friday, November 8th.
You may also call the hotel directly at 302-478-6000 to book your reservation - please use code AMH when booking to receive the discount!
Please note that this is held at "DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington" and not "DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District" which is a separate hotel located nearby.