Students: Build a strong future as a Clinical Mental Health Counselor
AMHCA membership offers unparalleled benefits
at a low student rate of $79 per year!
AMHCA members may now download JMHC articles from the four most recent issues at no charge. Member login required
Non-member online access
As you begin your career, you’ll find that your work is challenging and places many demands on you. One of the best ways to prepare yourself for your career is to join the American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA). Supplement your curriculum with real-world, applied learning opportunities courtesy of your professional organization.
AMHCA exists to help you address all of your professional challenges. You need the benefits designed exclusively for you and offered only by AMHCA, the one association dedicated exclusively to the needs of clinical mental health counselors.
Why do students join AMHCA?
- You are the future of the profession. The leaders and most successful clinical mental health counselors belong to AMHCA and use it to form strong professional relationships.
- We are your lifelong career partner. Think back to when you first began your education as a clinical mental health counselor and all the things you have learned and done since then. AMHCA helps you transition into the next phase of your career.
- It is the right thing to do for yourself – here’s why:
Get the news, information and knowledge you need to succeed and support your research with professional publications from AMHCA—included with your membership!
Online and print publications
- Stay current with association and chapter news, legislative bulletins, licensure updates, practice advances, and research highlights in the Advocate—your exclusive monthly newsletter.
- Take away practical knowledge and illuminating background from in-depth research on clinical studies and counseling practice in the Journal of Mental Health Counseling—your exclusive quarterly journal delivered by mail and available online. Members receive a printed copy four times per year (January, April, July, and October). Members also may download the most recent year's articles at no charge.
support your professional growth with research, clinical studies, and guidance for counseling practice.
Are you an outstanding graduate student, or do you know someone who is? Learn more and nominate yourself or a fellow student for this scholarship.
Want to write for the Advocate? Here's how!
The Student Corner is a 500-word feature that appears regularly in the Advocate
. The chair and co-chair of the Graduate Student Committee write or assign the Student Corner article for each issue. If you have an idea you'd like to write about, or a topic you would like to see covered in Student Corner, please contact Kathleen McCarthy, Advocate editor