Core Focused Treatment, A Comprehensive Care Modality
with Gray Otis, PhD, NCC, CCMHC, DCMHS
Integrated Behavioral Health Track | Trauma Assessment and Treatment Track
Clients invariably present with multiple disorders combined with health and relationship stressors. Impaired Processing Treatment offers a systematic and integrative treatment modality to resolve complex client issues. Learn how to achieve successful outcomes through this comprehensive methodology. This presentation supports AMHCA Certifications in Trauma, Substance Use, and Integrated Behavioral Health.
This presentation explains “Impaired Processing Treatment, A Comprehensive Care Modality.” It offers an overall framework to comprehensively assess, diagnose, and treat co-occurring disorders as well as the increasing complexities of integrated behavioral healthcare. Most significantly, it resolves the underlying causes of disorders. Thorough client diagnosis commonly identifies two or more disorders such as substance use and trauma, anxiety and mood disorders, couples problems with behavioral compulsions, etc. In addition, clients also present with physiological health concerns, problematic relationships, ineffective coping mechanisms, perceptual distortions, and other issues that impair mental and emotional well-being. Mental health professionals can be overwhelmed in treating multiple co-morbid disorders that relate to the client’s health, relations, the lack of meaning in their lives, and many other stressors. Impaired Processing Treatment integrates with CBT or any other theoretical model. This modality offers the following benefits to both clinicians and clients:
- An inclusive approach to address all of the client’s concerns
- A targeted treatment focus to attend to the fundamental causes of disorders
- A systematic method to develop greater client emotional regulation and enhanced mental health resilience
- A defined process to enrich client relationships
- An easily administered means to assess counselor effectiveness and client outcomes Learn how to apply Impaired Processing Treatment to achieve successful outcomes. This presentation supports AMHCA certifications in Trauma, Substance Use, and Integrated Behavioral Health.