AMHCA award nominations forms are submitted online through our website. Look for the nomination forms on the specific awards page when the nominations window opens.
General Nomination/Selection Procedures (please look at specific awards for detailed requirements)
- All nominators and nominees must be current members of AMHCA and their respective chapters
- All nomination packets must be received by March 9th and should be sent to the AMHCA Awards Chair.
- Candidates for the Mental Health Counselor of the Year, Counselor Educator/Supervisor of the Year and the Professional and Community Service Award should have an endorsement from their respective state chapters.
- Nomination packets must include the following:
- A completed nomination form (found on AMHCA’s website).
- Two (2) letters of support from other individuals.
- A letter on nomination (no longer than 2 pages) from the nominator that speaks directly to the nominee’s qualifications for the award.
- The nominee’s vitae.
- A letter of support from the state chapter of AMHCA, on applicable awards, if a state chapter exists.
- A phone number where the nominator can be reached. Researcher of the Year Award should include published article(s) for which the member is being nominated.
- Attached documents should not exceed 15 pages.
- When considering nominees for each award, consideration should be given for nominees advocating and furthering the commitment to multicultural and social justice within AMHCA.
- Specify on all materials the award for which the member is being nominated.
- Candidates for awards are required to be an AMHCA member at the time of submission of application.
- Nominators are required to be AMHCA members.
- Awards will be judged using a matrix.
- Award winners will be notified in March 2024.