AMHCA Board Elections
AMHCA encourages members to apply to be a part of the Board of Directors. It's only through your volunteer efforts that we will continue to build a strong and active association. Nominations are open for the following positions:
- President-Elect- will serve a 3-year term. First year as President-Elect [2023-2024], a year as President [2024-2025], and a year as Immediate Past President [2025-2026]
- Midwest Region Director - will serve a 3-year term starting July 1, 2023
- Western Region Director - will serve a 3-year term starting July 1, 2023
There are several benefits to serving on the AMHCA board:
- Play a vital role in the organization
- Opportunity to advance the profession of mental health counseling,
- Chance to collaborate with other leaders and colleagues,
- Access to cutting edge information about the challenges facing the profession
AMHCA values and is seeking diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, appearance, geographic location, professional level, etc.
We are seeking those who have the following attributes:
- Demonstrated leadership commitment and involvement with AMHCA and the non-profit community. For instance, someone who has served on an AMHCA committee or task force, serves at the state level in one of our affiliated chapters or is currently an AMHCA diplomate. Leaders who strive to be the voice of clinical mental health counselors across the US
- Has expertise in the field of clinical mental health counseling and demonstrated dedication to the field. Examples include familiarity with federal and state regulations, private practice, community mental health, integrated care, counselor education and evidenced-based practices, ethics to name a few.
- Committed to monthly board meetings and to attending the AMHCA Annual Conferences. Willing to dedicate time and effort to serving the members of the organization.
- Thinks strategically about the future of the profession and the role of the association in the profession.
*Application window for 2023 is now closed*